While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority at Kottemann Orthodontics and you may have seen this during your visits to our office.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Understandably, our waiting room and staff attire may look different at your next visit.
Changes to Keep Us All Healthy
We made new changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We ask that you fill out our COVID-19 Dental Treatment Consent Form within 24 hours of your appointment.
- If you arrive early for your appointment, please wait in your car until your scheduled time in order to limit the number of people in the waiting room.
- For parents who are waiting in their car during their child's appointment, please do not leave the property so that your child may return to you immediately after their appointment.
- All parents and patients are required to wear a mask or mouth covering when entering our facility and all of our staff will be wearing a mask as well. In order to conserve PPE, we are unable to provide masks.
- Only one parent (guardian) per patient will be allowed in the general clinic area and only if needed. No other friends or siblings will be allowed in.
- We will provide you with hand sanitizer for your convenience.
- The Brushing Station will not be open so please be sure to brush at home before the visit.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you are due for an appointment, please call our office at 763-420-6834 so we can schedule you as soon as we have availability.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
We're also still open virtually for video calls.